Window blinds come in various types, colors, styles, and prices. Although they make an attractive decorative option, cleaning them is quite often a difficult task. However, if you want your blinds to look great, regular cleaning is a must.
This is where the use of a handheld vacuum cleaner comes in. With the help of a dustbuster, cleaning your window blinds is as easy as attaching the dust brush tools to your vacuum and then switching on the equipment.
Handheld dustbusters are very useful for cleaning up small messes at home or the inside of your car. They also serve as a great tool for cleaning upholstery, furniture, and curtain blinds.
Compared to a conventional full-sized vacuum, handheld vacuums are lightweight, portable, and easy to store as well.
The availability of numerous models of handheld vacuums on the market makes it tough to decide on the right one that will cater to your needs. To make your decision-making task easier, here is a list of the best dustbusters for cleaning blinds.
Best Dustbuster For Blinds
Black & Decker FHV1200W
Eureka EasyClean 71B
#1 Recommendation: Black & Decker FHV1200W Cordless Vacuum
With the Black & Decker FHV1200 Cordless Vacuum, dusting window blinds is a piece of cake. Equipped with a four-foot flexible hose, it’s much easier to vacuum the entire length of the blinds as well as hard-to-reach spots.
The features of this incredible handheld dustbuster include:
- Cordless, lightweight, compact and portable, making the cleaning process easier without having to lug out your full-size vacuum
- 4-foot flexible hose helps clean tight spots and other hard-to-reach areas
- Equipped with crevice tool, pet-hair cleaning tool, and nozzle/brush tool
- High-performance motor that delivers powerful suction
- Cyclonic action spins the dirt away from the filter, keeping it clean and allowing it to perform better
- Three stage filtration system that delivers clean air exhaust
- Easy-to-empty dirt canister
- Dishwasher safe filter which is replaceable
- Energy star approved
- Accessory storage caddy for storing the accessories neatly
- Takes a long time to charge
- Short run time
#2 Recommendation: Dyson DC34 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
One of the cheapest vacuums from the Dyson line of handheld vacuums, the Dyson DC34 features an ergonomic design, dual power settings, and a better run time.
Considered to be one of the most powerful handheld dustbusters available on the market, it is a wonderful choice for cleaning furniture and blinds.
The features of the Dyson DC34 are as follows:
- Powered by a digital motor and featuring Dyson’s Root Cyclone technology that delivers an unparalleled, powerful suction capable of sucking up all types of dirt, debris, and dust
- Includes three useful accessories - a motorized brush head, an 8-inch long crevice tool, and a combination tool with short-bristled brush
- Uses clasp mechanism, making it easier to change the tools and hold them firmly when in use
- Transparent bagless bin that can be clearly seen when it is full and easily emptied with just the push of a button
- Uses a 22.2V lithium-ion battery that releases charge evenly, thus delivering strong performance with no drop-off
- LED battery indicator that lets you know when it’s time to recharge the batteries
- Recharges up to 3 times faster than other vacuums
- No carbon dust emissions
- Two power options – a high suction mode that delivers 15 minutes of constant suction and MAX mode that delivers 6 minutes of powerful suction for tougher cleaning tasks
- A bit bulky
- No wall-mountable charging station
- No storage cradles
#3 Recommendation: Eureka EasyClean 71B Corded Handheld Vacuum
Small yet powerful, the Eureka Easyclean 71B is an ideal unit for keeping your window blinds spick and span. Featuring a 5.5-amp motor, this device delivers a powerful suction that can pick up dirt and debris of any type.
Here are the other features of this corded, versatile handheld vacuum cleaner:
- Lightweight, easy to carry around, and easy to store
- Stretch hose for more versatile cleaning
- 20-foot cord
- 23-foot reach system
- High power suction that sucks up dirt from blinds and upholstery
- The unique Riser Visor system concentrates the suction for efficient cleaning and makes it easier and quicker for vacuuming vertical upholstery or stairs
- Crevice tool for cleaning tight spaces like between blinds and furniture cushions
- Dual motors - one for powering the revolving brush and the other for suction
- Thermal cut off feature that protects the vacuum cleaner in situations where the motor overheats
- Fills up quite fast and so, you’ve to clean it often
- Cleaning the filter and emptying the bin is a messy process
- Pretty loud
- No automatic rewind mechanism
#4 Recommendation: Shark Rocket HV292 Corded Vacuum
For those looking for a small and flexible handheld vacuum cleaner for cleaning blinds, furniture, and upholstery, the Shark Rocket HV292 is a great option.
Although it is a corded vacuum cleaner, its lightweight and other features make it easy to carry around and achieve efficient cleaning in no time.
The features of the Shark Rocket HV292 are as follows:
- Lightweight and portable
- Features a 400W motor that delivers never-fading powerful suction
- Flexible hose attachment helps attach the cleaning tools easily to the unit for cleaning hard-to-reach spaces. The hose can be extended for full cleaning control
- Long 15 ft. power cord that allows you to clean the whole room
- TruePet Motorized Brush that sucks up loose dirt and pet hair and deep cleans surfaces
- Two cleaning modes – mode 1 for cleaning floors and mode 2 for deep cleaning carpets
- Washable filter
- Easy-to-empty dust cup
- Since it is a corded vacuum cleaner, you don’t have to worry about draining of battery charge
- Comes with a variety of different attachments, including a dusting brush, floor nozzle, crevice tool, pet upholstery tool, and the Dust-Away tool that includes a removable, washable microfiber pad
- Storage bag for storing all the attachments
- Corded, so not convenient for quick clean-ups
- Effectiveness of washable filter goes down with each washing
- The position of the handle can be a bit inconvenient for many people
#5 Recommendation: Bissell Pet Hair Eraser 33A1 Handheld Vacuum
Compact and lightweight, the Bissell Corded Handheld Vacuum 33A1 is yet another great option for those looking for a portable and easy-to-use dustbuster for their window blinds.
Its features include:
- Lightweight, compact, and easy to carry around
- Powerful suction
- 16-feet power cord
- A cord-wrap system that allows you to go from room to room easily as well as to store the device
- Flexible rubber nozzle that makes it easier to clean pet hair on blinds, upholstery, and stairs
- Multi-layer filtration system helps to keep your air clean and reduce allergens
- Washable HEPA filter
- Transparent dirt container that lets you see when it's time to empty
- Uses cyclonic cleaning technology
- No crevice tools
- Small dirt bin makes it necessary to empty it often
- Limited mobility due to the power cord
Cleaning blinds must be one of the chores that most people dread to carry out. However, the use of a vacuum cleaner will make this task easier and quicker.
While cleaning the blinds, make sure to close your blinds completely and set your vacuum to low suction mode to prevent warping or twisting of the blinds.
Check out the models mentioned here and choose the one that fits your requirements. Just a few minutes of effort and you can keep your blinds dirt-free and look brand new throughout the year.