Who doesn’t need a vacuum cleaner to keep the environment clean and dry? Dust and dirt, CO2, and other toxins are everywhere around us, floating in the air or sitting on top of our desks. To keep everything spick and span, you need the best wet dry vacuum cleaners.
A wet dry vacuum cleaner is versatile because it can easily remove both dry and wet messes. From dust to spills, nothing can spoil your surroundings when you have the best wet dry vac. But what is the right cleaning device to suit your cleaning needs?
Let’s find out about the best wet dry vac!
Best Wet Dry Vac – Top 10 Cleaning Devices for Spotless Surroundings
- Best Vac for Home – Stanley SL18115P Wet/Dry Vacuum
“3-in-1 Vacuum Cleaner, Easy Maintenance.”
- Best Compact Vac – Craftsman CMXEVBE17594 Wet/Dry Vacuum Cleaner
“Ergonomically Designed, Powerful Engine and Suction.”
- Best Vac for Pro Usage – Vacmaster Professional Wet/Dry Vac
“Durable Material, Easy Storage.”
- Best All-Round Vac – Stanley Wet/Dry Vacuum
“Powerful Motor, Versatile Device for All Types of Cleaning.”
- Best Smart Vac – Tineco Floor ONE S5 Smart Cordless Wet Dry Vacuum
“Auto-adjustable Feature, Easy Phone Connectivity.”
- Best Vac for Small Mess – CRAFTSMAN CMXEVBE17250 Wet/Dry Vac
“Lightweight and Small, Perfect for Detail Cleaning.”
- Best for Clean Air – Vacmaster Red Edition VJH1211PF 1101 Wet Dry Vacuum
“Fine Dust Filter, Sturdy Build.”
- Best Motor Life – RIDGID 62703 WET/DRY VAC
“Locking Hose for Organized Working, High-Performance Device”
- Best Vac for Vehicles – Stanley SL18910P-3 Wet/Dry Car Vacuum
“Ideal for Small Cleanups, Large Tank”
- Best Noiseless Vac – DeWALT DXV10P Wet Dry Vacuum
“Two-Stage Motor, Long-Time Operation”
1) Stanley SL18115P
A versatile vacuum cleaner by a reputed brand, the Stanley SL18115P Wet/Dry Vacuum can help you with all-around cleaning to keep every corner spotless.
Features and Benefits
This Stanley SL18115P Wet/Dry Vacuum comes from the house of Stanley, a brand that has been around for more than 1.5 centuries. This experienced brand brings you an incredible design, high quality, and value for money. It uses an innovative technology that makes it perfect for any kind of cleaning.
It’s one of the best wet dry vac options with the blow cleaning feature, whether you want to remove dust from carpets, spilled tea, or dry leaves in your balcony garden – this 3-in-1 cleaning device is the best! It is safe to use and easy to clean on a daily basis.
- 360-degree rotation for easy mobility on the floor
- Powerful suction, coupled with a strong motor, for fabulous cleaning
- Buoy technology for complete safety while cleaning water or wet spots
- Designed for easy cleaning and maintenance of the device
- Regular vacuum cleaner maintenance is required for extended life.
2) Craftsman CMXEVBE17594
Craftsman - CMXEVBE17594
A small and light wet/dry vac with an ergonomically engineered design, the Craftsman - CMXEVBE17594 Wet/Dry Vacuum Cleaner is a powerful and versatile device.
Features and Benefits
This Craftsman CMXEVBE17594 vacuum cleaner is the smallest model by the brand, but that doesn’t take away from its sturdiness. It’s perfect for any medium/large cleanup job: be it blowing up leaves, sucking up wet spots, or removing dust and dirt from carpets and upholstery.
The device’s compact design makes storage a piece of cake. It has a long power cord that will allow you to move the device around without having to look for a new power source. Plus, it’s designed to remove water from the tank quickly and conveniently.
- The large diameter of vacuum hose featuring Dual-Flex technology
- Dual-Flex technology to support impressive mobility without kinking
- Compact and ergonomically designed for easy handling and storage
- It comes with two extension wands and various nozzles for all types of cleaning
- Assembly is required, which may be a challenge for some users.
3) Vacmaster Professional Wet/Dry Vacuum
Vacmaster Professional Wet/Dry Vacuum
A sturdy and durable vac that you can use if you are a professional cleaner, the Vacmaster Professional Wet/Dry Vac is an excellent choice.
Features and Benefit
The Vacmaster Professional Wet/Dry Vac is just the “beast” you need while cleaning like a professional. Its water-lift motor allows incredible power and suction, while the blower port will enable you to handle outdoor cleaning of leaves and twigs without any hassle.
You’ll love its Polypropylene tank that’s resistant to impact and corrosion. At the same time, its compact and light design will help you move it around easily. One of the best features of the vac is the onboard storage that lets you keep all accessories in one place.
- Powerful motor for great suction and blow-cleaning
- Portable design for easy mobility on the job site
- The easy onboard storage of accessories in a single place
- Long power cord for easy cleaning without a power source
- Wheels not included in the design
4) Stanley Wet/Dry Vacuum
Stanley Wet/Dry Vacuum
A convenient wet and dry vac for all-around performance, the Stanley Wet/Dry Vacuum is the perfect cleaner for your house, car, upholstery, and pets!
Features and Benefits
The Stanley Wet/Dry Vacuum is one of the best wet dry vac options that offers all-around service for your personal use. It will come in handy when you clean carpets, floors, and upholstery. If there’s a spillage, whip out the incredible device to clean it in a jiffy!
The vac is designed with Stanley’s signature buoy technology for safety. Its auto power-off keeps cleaning wet spills, a safe affair for you. The device is also equipped with a powerful motor to help you around the house. You can even clean your pet with it!
- Swivel casters for great mobility and easy maneuverability
- Buoy technology and automatic power-off for safe handling of wet mess
- Designed for convenient and organized storage
- It comes with three extension wants and multiple nozzles for all types of cleaning
- Regular cleaning and maintenance of the device are required.
5) Tineco Floor ONE S5
Tineco Floor ONE S5
A smart cleaner for the smart home - the Tineco Floor ONE S5 Smart Cordless Wet Dry Vacuum uses advanced technology to make cleaning jobs super-easy.
Features and Benefits
With households upgrading to smart homes, a device that supports an app connection is much coveted. You can connect the Tineco Floor ONE S5 Smart Cordless Wet Dry Vacuum with a phone app – and get notifications, cleaning reports, and more on your smartphone!
What’s more, the proprietary iLoop Smart Sensor adjusts brush speed, water flow, and suction automatically. The vac comes with dual tanks to ensure that clean water and dirty water do not mix at any point. It is designed to handle a sticky and tricky mess easily.
- A smart vac for smartphone connectivity and automatic cleaning adjustments
- Self-cleaning function to make maintenance easy without touching
- Voice assistant to monitor the performance of the cleaning device
- 3-in-1 docking station for charging and convenient storage
- Longer battery life is required to support cleaning large areas in one go.
6) CRAFTSMAN CMXEVBE17250
A small, portable, and lightweight vac, CRAFTSMAN CMXEVBE17250 is the best wet dry vacuum cleaner that helps you handle small cleaning jobs quickly and easily.
Features and Benefits
If you are looking for a portable vacuum cleaner, the CRAFTSMAN CMXEVBE17250 Wet/Dry Vac is an excellent device. Because of its compact design and carry handle, it’s highly mobile. So you can manage all small cleaning jobs – from cars to upholstery – in one go.
Sometimes, when you have to handle small and stubborn messes, carrying a large vacuum cleaner can tire your arms. This is the perfect device for stress-free detail cleaning. It’s the ideal device for small spaces and is also easy to store anywhere.
- Friction fit hose, utility nozzle, and crevice tool for multi-purpose cleaning
- Lightweight tool used for detail cleaning with convenience
- Small design for portability and easy storage
- A versatile vac for wet, dry, and blow cleaning
- Stiffness of hose due to rigid plastic material
7) Vacmaster VJH1211PF 1101
Vacmaster VJH1211PF 1101
A vacuum cleaner that helps keep indoor air clean - the Vacmaster Red Edition VJH1211PF 1101 Wet Dry Vacuum is a sturdy and durable cleaning device.
Features and Benefits
A wet/dry vac designed for durability, the Vacmaster Red Edition VJH1211PF 1101 Wet Dry Vacuum is not just to keep surfaces like floor, upholstery, etc., free from dust, pet hair, or cobwebs. It is also great for freeing the air from allergens and fine dust with an efficient filter.
This vac has a high-performance motor coupled with strong suction power. Plus, it comes with swivel casters for excellent maneuverability so that you can move it around effortlessly. Its design allows users to store the device and its accessories in one place.
- Powerful fine dust filtration for clean indoor air
- Rugged build for higher durability
- Easy to store cord, hose, and accessories
- Highly efficient suction power for complete cleanup
- Popping out of the handle involuntarily on one side, noticed by some users
8) RIDGID 62703
One of the best wet/dry vacs to work continuously and provide excellent performance, the Ridgid 62703 Wet/Dry Vac is great for pro use.
Features and Benefits
Cleaning can be a daunting task at times when you handle worksites as a pro and may need long hours of cleaning. The Ridgid 62703 Wet/Dry Vac is engineered to last for a long time, thanks to the advanced technology used, which is considered the industry’s best.
It is efficient at handling wet and dry mess and can also blow leaves and debris. In general, this device will serve you for a long time and survive daunting tasks and impacts. You can lock the accessories to the floor tool to prevent anything from falling during cleaning.
- High-performance, powerful, and long-lasting motor
- Solid and durable drum structure to handle impacts
- Excellent suction and lift for stubborn messes
- Advanced design to cater to the needs of professionals
- Not possible to detach the blower
9) Stanley SL18910P-3
A small and portable cleaner with a large tank, the Stanley SL18910P-3 Wet/Dry Car Vacuum is a must-have cleaning device for all car owners.
Features and Benefits
As an established brand operating for over a century, Stanley offers the best technology and design in the vacuum cleaning industry. The Stanley SL18910P-3 Wet/Dry Car Vacuum is an excellent tool for cars, as well as other cleanups around the house or worksite.
It has a high-capacity tank that can hold a large amount of liquid, dirt, sawdust, and more. That means you don’t have to stop in the middle of the cleaning job to empty the tank. It is light and portable, making detail cleaning convenient for you without tiring your arms.
- Lightweight and portable design ideal for cleaning difficult-to-reach corners
- It can be used for other small cleaning tasks without any hassle
- Large, high-capacity tank for long cleaning time
- Buoy technology for safety during wet cleaning
- It needs a longer and more flexible hose.
10) DeWALT DXV10P
A vacuum cleaner with a long-lasting motor that works quietly, the DeWALT DXV10P Wet Dry Vacuum is ideal for handling large workloads in one go.
Features and Benefits
The DeWALT DXV10P Wet Dry Vacuum is an excellent device for long cleaning jobs. It lasts twice as long as many of the other products in this range by competitors. It’s also 50% less noisy – all because it’s equipped with a two-stage motor, making cleaning jobs convenient.
It comes with a dust cartridge filter that’s great for dry debris, including finer dust – and a built-in tank that’s suitable for easy draining. The long power cord, swiveling wheels, and ergonomically designed handle make it a portable vac. It also has a water-resistant design.
- Two extension wants and different nozzles for various cleaning needs
- Two-stage motor that ensures noiseless cleaning
- Equipped to handle long-lasting projects
- It comes with a storage bag to organize all accessories
- Difficulty in attaching storage bag noticed by some users.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular vacuum cleaners, kindly visit our Guide page.
Types of Wet/Dry Vacuum Cleaner
With the rising levels of pollution and the onslaught of ailments, we cannot afford to be careless about hygiene and cleanliness anymore. Besides outdoor pollution, even indoor air is polluted now. Every household needs either a vacuum cleaner or cleaning services.
Whether you want a vacuum cleaner for your personal use or professional, one of the best choices is a wet/dry vacuum cleaner. But there are different types of wet and dry vacs on the market. Find out more about these devices below:
A shop vacuum, commonly used in the DIY industry, is designed by woodworkers and construction workers. It comes with a powerful motor and suction. Shop vacuums are usually large with bucket-shaped canisters. If a shop vac cleans liquids, it’s a wet&dry shop vac.
Vacuum mops are modern cleaning devices that add the ability of floor-washing and cleaning to a traditional vacuum cleaner. They have bins to collect both dry dust and dirty water. Depending on the brand and the model, you may buy one that holds cleaning solutions.
Lightweight, compact, and portable devices cater to your small cleaning needs like upholstery, cars, machines, etc. They are usually easy to operate using just one button. You’ll find handheld wet and dry vacuum cleaners that belong to the following categories:
- Tool Style – For small cleanups or detail cleaning, power tool users prefer tool-style vacs that use the same batteries used for their cordless tools like drills.
- Shop Style – These are smaller versions of shop vacs with canister-like tanks. They come with various accessories to make both wet and dry cleaning easy.
- Indoor Style – These handheld vacs are ideal for sofa crevices, corners inside cars, etc. They’re usually cordless and have a motor base and vacuum funnel.
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaners?
Every wet and dry vacuum cleaner is built differently to cater to the various needs of users. Let’s find out about the different features you must look for when buying the best wet dry vacuum cleaners.
Corded or Cordless
Most medium- to heavy-duty vacs have cords so that you can connect the device to an electrical outlet for a continuous power supply. On the other hand, cordless vacs allow easy portability to various spaces, but the battery needs to be recharged or replaced.
Size and Weight
Lightweight and compact vacs are easy to store and carry around and perfect for small homes, vehicles, etc. They are great for small jobs and make detail cleaning convenient. Larger vacs are sturdier and for workshops and professional usage.
Wet and dry vacs usually come in three capacity levels – small, medium, and large. Small-capacity vacs can hold up to 6 gallons of debris, while medium-capacity vacs 14 gallons. Vacs with the largest capacity levels can go as high as 18 gallons of dirt.
Power and Performance
The motor power is depicted by horsepower, with three motor types: light-duty (1-4.5hp), medium-duty (5-6hp), and heavy-duty (above 6hp). But the performance of the motor’s peak hp isn’t the only sign of its performance. Consider its hose and other factors.
Filters trap small particles and keep them away from the air. Wet and dry vacs usually have corrugated paper filters with rubber seals. Some vacs also have a foam pre-filter for large particles. Special filtration systems with a HEPA filter trap the finest particles.
Attachments and Hose Length
Wet and dry vacs come with accessories like an extension wand to increase the hose length, a blower attachment to remove leaves from yards, a wall-mount for the device’s storage, nozzles to handle dry and wet messes in corners, overhead areas, and more.
Advantages of Wet/Dry Vacuum Cleaner
A wet and dry vacuum cleaner is practically indispensable at workshops, garages, homes, and cars. There are plenty of reasons behind that. So let’s take a look at the advantages of a wet/dry vacuum cleaner –
- They are sturdy and durable.
- Have powerful motors and suction power to deal with tough messes.
- Handle both wet and dry messes to eliminate the need for separate tools.
- They clean up leakage, liquid spills, and dirty water.
- They trap dust, dirt, cobwebs, sawdust, wood shavings, etc.
- It removes fine particles like dust, pet dander, allergens, etc.
- They can blow away leaves, twigs, etc.
Choosing the best wet dry vacuum cleaner is not just about the brand, size, functionalities, and more. You need to match these with your own needs, the spaces you want to clean, and the frequency at which you will use the device. Don’t forget about storage!
You may offer professional cleaning services, have children and pets to make your home messy, or own a DIY workshop with heaps of sawdust and wood chips. The best wet and dry vacuum cleaner is a requirement – because cleaning your surroundings isn’t optional.
Leave a Reply