I love hardwood floors accentuated with beautiful carpets. I have it throughout my house. The rustic look and feel of the wood complemented with the warm, homey feel of a carpet thrown over parts of it make your home feel more comfortable and fun.
If you’re anything like me, then you know the struggle of finding a vacuum cleaner that can clean your wood floors without looking like its sucking the color out of it. If you do find one that works on the floors, then the chances of it working on your carpet are pretty slim – there’s just not enough suction to do the job. The Dyson V6 Motorhead was a game-changer for me.
I didn’t buy the Dyson v6 Motorhead for myself at first. My daughter found the rechargeable vacuum cleaner at a friend’s beach house when we are visiting. My friend had purchased it from Walmart after struggling to find something that would vacuum up the fine dust and sand from her floors.
My daughter thought the sleek design was perfect as her new playtime friend, but once she switched it on and actually used it to clean up the sand they’d trudged in after their beach day, I knew I had to try it out on my floors too. I checked the packing and saw that it was the Dyson (210691-01) V6 Motorhead Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner. I took a picture of the description to make sure I got the right one.
The minute we got home, I was on Amazon searching for the Dyson V6 Motorhead cord-free vacuum. The reviews were mostly five stars, so I was reassured. I’d also seen the cordless cleaner in action, so I knew it was perfect for what I was looking for.
One of my biggest concerns with buying appliances is the assembling part. I end up surrounded by the complicated manual, dozens of small parts strewn about, and empty boxes on the floor. Thankfully, it wasn’t the case this time. It only had the most important parts that were easy enough to put together.
In this review, I’ve included my favorite features, the benefits of the Dyson V6 Motorhead cordless stick vacuum, and of course, because nothing is perfect, and I want to be fair, I’ve included the cons too. Read on to find out more about my Dyson V6 Motorhead review.
Dyson V6 Motorhead Package Contents
- Direct drive brush head for carpets
- Crevice tool
- 2-in-1 combination tool
- Wall charging dock
- Assembling manual
Features of Dyson V6 Motorhead
1) One of the first things I noticed was that it was bagless, which suits me perfectly. Do you get that feeling that the moment you open the bag, the dust escapes, and you’re having to run around cleaning it up again? Using the bag also means I have to remove it and get my hands dirty, which is exactly what I’m trying to avoid. The Dyson V6 Motorhead has a little bin, its not too big – about 0.14 gallons – but its enough to keep in all the dust and the one-click bin emptying process is a lot more hygienic.
2) The slim motorhead, carbon fiber finish, and cord-free feature makes it lightweight and convenient to carry around the house. The docking station makes storing convenient and safe, which isn’t always the case with stick vacuums. This vacuum is the one I’ve had previously needed to be wedged between other objects or leaning against the wall when stored.
3) The two-tier radial cyclones make the suction work like a dream when vacuuming. The first day I used it, the dogs and kids had been running through the house for most of the day, and I could see the pet hair clinging to my beautiful carpets. I set the power to max mode as I knew that pet hair mixed with carpets required some proper nudging. The Dyson V6 Motorhead Cord-free Vacuum gets deep into the carpet and manages to capture that pesky fine dust, as well as the lingering pet hair.
4) It’s got a crevice tool that is perfect for all those narrow, hard-to-reach spaces. I ended up using it to get to the corners of the ceiling, too, as I’ve been noticing some cobwebs popping up.
5) One of my favorite features is the direct-drive cleaner head. It drives bristles deep into the carpet and removes even more dirt – it actually has up to 75% more brush power than Dyson V6 vacuum.
Benefits of Dyson V6 Motorhead
My cleaning time is significantly reduced. With children and pets running around, I spent a lot of time cleaning the fine dust and pet hair that gets clogged in the carpets on a daily basis. Only a broom worked properly, and that took ages.
The lightweight and cord-less features mean I don’t have to lug heavy things around – a blessing after injuring my back a few months ago. I suffer from fewer allergies. Not just because I’m able to vacuum properly now, but because previously, the vacuum bags threw up dust when I was emptying it.
Anyone with allergies knows that dust lingers for ages, and even a little of it can send you into a sneezing fit. With the one-click bin, I barely have any contact with the dust.
My daughter still considers it an ideal imaginary friend, so she’s more than happy to pick it up and start cleaning the floors herself, which means rest time for me.
- Powerful suction
- Portable and easy to use
- Maneuverable and Durable
- Not powerful enough for heavy-duty carpets.
- The battery lasts about 20 minutes. Less if its on max mode.
- Charging Time is 3 hours which is little long
Considering the cons, would I sill buy it? Absolutely yes. The benefits far outweigh the battery life. The Dyson V6 Motorhead Cordless Vacuum is lightweight, easy to store, and suctions that pet hair and fine dust perfectly, which is exactly what I’ve been looking for. I’d suggest getting on Amazon straight away to purchase it – it’s already selling out.
If you would like to get reviews of other popular vacuum cleaners, kindly visit our reviews page.